In 1984, a few families started The King’s School as a ministry of Gateway Church. In 1992, we received Manitoba accreditation and funding. Still a ministry of Gateway, we now serve 300 students from Preschool to Grade 12. Here are some of our core values:
1. Biblical worldview - All education assumes a worldview; we teach Manitoba Curriculum from a God-centered perspective to help shape a Biblical worldview.
2. Missional Outlook - We recognize that everyone is a missionary and everything we do should serve the greater purpose of reaching the world for Christ.
3. Educational excellence - Our innovative approaches seek to meet the needs of each student and call them to reach their fullest potential socially, emotionally, academically, physically, and spiritual.
4. Godly character - Students are challenged to become respectful individuals of integrity who practice servanthood and pursue excellence in every area of life.
5. Qualified staff - The King’s School faculty are Manitoba certified teachers who are committed to following Jesus and growing professionally.
6. A caring environment - We value love, acceptance and respect. WE desire to create an atmosphere where students feel safe and know our staff is committed to their well-being and educational success.
7. Working Together - We welcome and encourage support, involvement and partnership in our school from both church and parents.
8. Prayer and relationship with God- The King’s School seeks to foster an environment of prayer where students can grow in their personal relationship with Jesus and learn how to depend on the Holy Spirit.
9. Wisdom for life - We want our students to become godly and wise individuals who live and think consequentially, understanding that personal decisions impact others.
10. Future focus - We seek to help students discover their God-given gifts and understand how they can positively impact their families, communities, and the world.