Statement Of Faith
1. We believe in one God (Deuteronomy 6:4), the creator (Genesis 1:1) and sustainer (Hebrews 1:3) of all things, who is eternal (Deuteronomy 33:27), all-knowing (1 John 3:20), all-present (Psalm 139:7-10) and all-powerful (Matthew 19:26), and who alone is worthy to receive the worship of His creatures (Revelation 5:3-12).
2. We believe God is a trinity of persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19-20, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 3:16-17, John 14:16).
3. We believe that all people are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27) to know God (John 17:3), to glorify Him (Psalm 86:9) and to enjoy Him forever (Psalm 16:11).
4. We believe that humanity has individually and corporately, willfully rebelled against God (Romans 5:19), which the Bible calls sin. Consequently, we all “fall short” of God’s standard (Romans 3:23), are subject to God's wrath (John 3:36) and need salvation (Romans 6:23).
5. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God the Father (Luke 9:35), made flesh, and is both fully God and fully man (John 1:14). We believe He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary (Luke 1:34-35), lived a perfect sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), was crucified dead and buried (John 19:18, 30-42), descended into Hell (1 Peter 3:18-19), raised bodily on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:4), ascended into Heaven (Acts 1:11), enthroned as Lord and Saviour at God’s right hand (Acts 5:31) and continues in His High Priestly intercessory ministry (Hebrews 7:24-25), and will return in person, power and glory (Mark 13:26).
6. We believe the purpose of Christ's coming was to do the will of God on earth (Hebrews 10:7): to declare the truth of God through His teaching (John 8:32, 40), to prove the character of God through His life (John 14:9), to demonstrate the power of God through miraculous signs (Acts 10:38), to win redemption for man (Hebrews 9:12) and to destroy sin and Satan through His death and resurrection (Hebrews 2:14), this death being a penal, substitutionary, atoning sacrifice (1 John 2:2).
7. We believe that salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:18-19), received by faith apart from works (Ephesians 2:8-9), is characterized through renewal by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5) and enabled by the regenerating and renewing work of the Holy Spirit (John 3:6).
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, has been - and continues to be -- poured out by God (Acts 2:17) to impart revelation of Jesus Christ (John 15:26), convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:8), guide the saints to live godly lives (John 16:13) and empower the Church to preach the Gospel and be His witnesses (Acts 1:8). We believe The Spirit produces Christ-like character in all true believers as is evidenced through the growth and appearance of His fruit (described in Galatians 5:22-23),and that the Spirit causes believers to edify, exhort, comfort and mature one another and the church through the impartation of spiritual gifts (Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Ephesians 4:11-14).
9. We believe that the Bible, as originally given by God, is His divinely inspired, infallible, inerrant and our sole authority in all matters of faith and conduct and our only reliable moral compass (2 Timothy 3:16).
10. We believe that all who truly believe in Jesus Christ form one body, the Church (1 Corinthians 1:2; 1 Thessalonians 1:1).
11. We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again in power and glory to judge the living and the dead (Matthew 26:64), raising the saved to a resurrection of life and the lost to a resurrection of judgment (John 5:28,29), after which He will create a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness will rule and wickedness will be no more (Revelation 21:1-5), in which all who have believed in Him will live and reign forever (Revelation 22:5).
12. We believe in the biblical institution of marriage as the lifelong union of one naturally born man with one naturally born woman, to the exclusion of all others. We believe sexuality is designed by God to be reserved for enjoyment by both a male and female within the confines of Christian marriage as defined above. (Genesis 1:27-28; Matthew 19:5; Acts 15:28-29; Romans 13:13; 1 Corinthians 6:9-7:2; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3-5; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:4).
13. We believe in an historical Adam and Eve, and that the Bible poses no threat to scientific study. We seek to teach science with a Biblical worldview and, recognizing the complexity of many Biblical-scientific issues, encourage robust discussion that upholds the authority of Scripture and embraces the rigors of modern science.